<$BlogRSDUrl$>

9/14/2003

Aisa Bhi Hota Hai 

Aisa Bhi Hota Hai
Sunday evening with nothing much to do ... i was whiling away my time listening to NPR program - On Point . I was listening to a show aired on Monday Sept. 1st. : Boys Backslide described on the NPR web page , this show was about the new gender gap. The introduction said : “From kindergarten to grad school, boys are becoming the second sex. What's at stake is more than academics. The tide is turning. Girls are tearing through the education system, leaving many boys behind in the dust. Now, girls are the big men on campus. Business Week magazine explores the phenomenon in its May 26th cover story "The New Gender Gap." It describes a new school order where girls rule and boys are becoming the second sex. And raises questions about the long-term societal impact when boys take a backrest to girls.”

I was logged on the On Point web page via the WiFi using my iBook . Just for kicks, I had it connected to the tv and so i was using the 27” TV screen as my interface. While saddened about the the gloomy news for “mankind”, my mind wandered off to another observation. Staring at the TV it suddenly dawns on me that i had a interesting little contraption here. I was listening to the RADIO using a COMPUTER with the audio coming thru TV

it's cool dude!!” , sssssweeeeeet , i shouted out trying to imitate Andrew Stanton the Finding Nemo director who has provided the voice for Crush the Turtle.
:) :)

Later in the evening i decide to go check out the new B&N store in the nearby mall. Yes, a book store is coming up in the mall!!! With the iBook under my arms i leave home excited about the new store. i thought i would sit down in the cafe to flaunt my iBook . Finally after years of envying the cool dudes in the cafe typing away to glory on their laptops i was going to finally get a chance to do the same.I was already making plans to write about the Radio-computer-Tv story for this blog. I get into the car and luckily CAR TALK is on, another of my NPR favorites. I have fun driving and listening to the program as usual.

It turns out that the B&N store is to open this coming wednesday so two more days to wait still. I finish my other chores and by the time i return back home its about nine at night. I walk up the stairs , reach my apt door and slide the key into the lock to open. The key won’t turn . “That’s weird” i tell myself. after a couple of tries i look up to check if i was at the right door. “201?, yes! ” awright ! ...... try again. No. The door , it just won’t budge... i tried for about 10 minutes and then finally gave up... i tried to look up the apt number on my cell phone to call the maintenance guys but the number is not in my list. so there i go ..i fish out the iBook form my bag... sitting outside the door , i log on to the net ...the wireless connection worked fine enough :) I googled the apt phone number and contacted the service. Then I sat down there out in the lobby, and started typing this crazy experiencefor this blog.

after 45 minutes and an additional call to the Maintaince service, the guy finally arrived.

its a bit embarrassing to revel that Joe, the maintenance guy came opened the door with a single turn of the same key that i was using, in exactly 2 seconds :). He said the lock had lost the alignment and he will come back to fix it next morning.

:) :) :)

this was my mundane sunday. ordinary and odd. or would you rather call it insane??

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?